Bishop T.D. Jakes.
He is one of my most favorite people in Christendom.
Even before the internet was what we know it to be today, he was able to successfully move the masses, bringing thousands of men and women together for life-changing conferences.
Today, he continues to reach the souls right where they are—on the internet, on television, and on land and sea.
As I write this post, I have the recording of Sunday’s live-streamed service playing in the background. Already, I have been blessed by the praise and worship and as I am typing the “Welcome” song is being sung.
Who knew we would be here in 2012?
Now, the announcements are playing in a professionally-done video.
I just love it!!!
Well, you know what they say, “Success leaves clues. Follow the clues.” So, being the lover of marketing that I am, I decided to share some things that you might learn about reaching your target market based upon the model that T.D. Jakes Ministries has so clearly laid out. It is quite evident that Tony Scott, Marketing and Creative Strategy Director for the ministry, is “on the job” and he is doing it well.
Ways TD Jakes Ministries Expands Its Reach
There are several sites by which one can stay connected with T. D. Jakes Ministries:www.thepottershouse.org Home of The Potter’s House Church www.tdjakes.org Home of TD Jakes Ministries www.tdjakes.com Home of TDJ Enterprises (also includes a blog)
- Internet Church–Live-Streaming of Sunday Worship Service and Wednesday Bible Study which can also be viewed throughout the week.
- YouTube Channel
Television Broadcasting, Movies, Music, and Podcast
- The Potter’s Touch can be seen on The Word Network, TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network), DayStar Network, BET (Black Entertainment Television), and WLFT 30
- TDJ Enterprises has produced several feature films and a multitude of DVDs: Jump the Broom, Not Easily Broken, Woman Thou Art Loosed
- Music Projects include Sacred Love Songs, Sacred Love Songs-Vol.2, Praise and Worship, Get Ready: The Best of T.D. Jakes, The Best of T.D. Jakes Platinum Series
- Podcast on iTunes allows listeners to download messages.
- One can become a TD Jakes Insider and receive news, updates, special offers, and inspiration via mobile phone by texting TDJ to 84700. (SUMOTEXT is the company the ministry uses.)
- Banners for various conferences being held this year are on all sites.
Products and Services
- Multitude of Books, CDs, and DVDs
“You must be certain that you are bringing in customers from various sources—sources which your target market is based….They are watching live presentations on Ustream, getting 140-character posts on Twitter with special offers, and even browsing Second Life to learn more. They also have most likely browsed your Website from a device other than a computer, whether it was a Blackberry, an iPhone, or another mobile device. Are you prepared to embrace and leverage these changes?”
Michael Tasner, Marketing in the Moment: The Practical Guide to Using Web 3.0 Marketing to Reach Customers First, p.3
This quote says everything I could possibly say “in a nutshell.” You have to be where your target market is if you want to reach them.
Just as TD Jakes has literally taken the Great Commission to all of the world via the internet, you must follow suit and expand your reach.
By the end of this post, when I finally finished, the anointing was so strong, so thick in my house. The broadcast was coming to a close and it was as if Bishop Jakes was speaking directly to me—like he knew my issues, my concerns, my desires.
My fellow Christian entrepreneurs, this is the power of the internet that we are experiencing in this day and time. The fact that God could speak to me, directly, through Bishop Jakes while I am sitting here at this computer is something my great-grandparents could not have imagined and several of my grandparents never lived to see.
I encourage you to begin to map out how you might reach others with your message, your gift, your talent, your experiences, your call via this amazing tool God has put in place for us to use for His Glory.
The message I was watching is called Live On Purpose, Part 2, preached the second Sunday of 2012. At the time of this post, it was at this link: http://www.thepottershouse.org/Multimedia/Internet-Church.aspx. You may need to access it via the archives depending upon when you read this post.