It’s As Easy as Third Grade Math
- $137 per month in dues
- At least 25 members per month
- At least one information product at no less than $297
- $1000 to $2000 per month Coaching Program (3 or 4 members)
- Throw in a live all day workshop at a cost of $2500
When you add it all up, you can easily see how one could earn upwards of $8,000 per month with a thriving membership-based business. And, this example is very basic.
I was absolutely dumbfounded when I found out about this virtual business model. Of course, I had heard of associations. As an educator, I have been a member of several associations and maintain membership in several associations, today:
- National Education Association
- North Carolina Association of Educators
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- International Reading Association
In my personal life, I have been a member of the NAACP and I was the vice president of a civic organization called FOCUS.
I paid dues to all of these groups, attended workshops, networked, and totally benefited from my membership in many ways. But, they were all on land and see.
To think that people were joining organizations, virtually, was just mind-boggling, and to know that it was a woman, not a “board”, who had pioneered this concept and had grown her membership to almost 50,000 paying members was nothing short of incredible.
The Membership-Based Business Model Does Not Fail
The woman of whom I speak is Sheri McConnell, author of Smart Women Create Membership- Based Businesses. In the introduction of her book she states:
Don’t think, “This won’t work for me.” The membership-based business model doesn’t fail. YOU are the key to your success.
Now, that statement is coming from a woman who has grown a 7-figure empire after 10 years implementing this business model. So, needless to say, I believe her.
The Interview on Books That Transform with Kellie Gardner & Friends
Yesterday afternoon, to my delight, I had the opportunity to interview Sheri McConnell. We had so much to talk about that we didn’t even get to cover all of the questions that I asked her during the show. In fact, she answered even more of my questions after the show ended. But, she did share, I have to share with you.
Maybe you did not know the possibilities. Maybe you don’t understand why so many people would even want to be paying members of your association. That’s great. Keep the questions coming, but then find the answers. Sheri McConnell has more than enough expertise and wisdom to answer every single one.
So, listen to the interview to find out:
- Why the membership-based business model runs circles around the service-based business model (i.e. consultants, coaches, graphic designers, even lawyers and teachers)
- The kind of mindset a membership-based business owner needs
- The kind of training and coaching a membership-based business owner needs
- How you can work smarter and not harder and live a balanced, fulfilling life with this business model
- How you can build this business from home
Click the player below to learn about the membership-based business model. For more information about Sheri McConnell, click her name. She is available for consultation and training.