Build it and they will come.
Who in the world spoke that lie?
Perhaps that works somewhere on land and sea, but on the internet that statement reads more like….
Market it, consistently and they will come.
Using Effective Marketing Tactics for Your Virtual Events
Let’s say you have decided to share your great content with your target market via what I call “a virtual learning event.” You might choose one of the following:
- Virtual Bootcamp
- Virtual Summit
- Virtual Trade Show
- Online Radio
- Simulcasting or Hybrid Event* This list is derived from Multiple Streams of Virtual Event Income by Leesa Barnes
Well, you would have to really sit down and think the entire process through because at the end of the day, you want those you are called to serve to attend and ultimately, decide to work with you or purchase your products. So, it is imperative that the event speaks to their problem, pain, or predicament, as it is referred to by Jeanna Pool, author of Marketing for Solos.
All things being considered, let’s assume that you have chosen a great topic for a specific niche. You have prepared the content and now you have decided to share it using the webinar as the format.
- Direct Mail
- Social Media
- Preview Content
- Email Blasts
- Press Releases
- Trade Publication Ads and Articles
Share Your Thoughts
- How long do you think it will take you to plan your content for these marketing tactics which take place three weeks prior and up to the day of the event?
- How will you ensure that you are promoting consistently so that you receive a return on your investment of time and dollars?
Pay It Forward
- Share this post with a small business entrepreneur that you know. Remember that without effective marketing, any content that you put together is a total waste of time.
- Use the icons below to share with your network or click on the YouTube label at the bottom of the video and just share the video from YouTube to your network.
Receive More Training on Branding and Marketing
- Receive Your Free Training in The Personal Branding Toolbox. Click here for more information.